Our Mold cleanup operations rank among the best in the business and we spare no efforts in providing effective and high tech solutions regardless of the intensity of contamination.
Mold is essentially a fungus that creates an environment that decays organic matter. To thrive it needs lots of moisture and cellulose which is an essential component of many building materials. Within a flooded and moist scenario you can see molds flourishing within two days if the moisture levels can’t be contained.
What makes molds particularly deadly is that they exploit the medium of air to spread contamination, so the quality of air is the first thing that needs to be improved in a disaster zone. For humans the risks involved in exposure to mold infested air is toxic poisoning and allergic reactions.
This is the main reason why our restorers remove every drop of water from the affected premises so that moisture can’t spread and mold infestations can’t thrive.
Our IICRC approved and certified technicians have been trained to handle a variety of problems and they-
ü Quickly identify the spots where water has accumulated and humidity has intensified.
ü Scientifically evaluate where molds have stricken roots and also isolate the strain of mold that is infesting the premises.
ü Rectify damage and restore as much of the devastated property as is humanly possible using the technological tools at their command.
ü Boldly and physically remove molds and mold related contamination at the source, preventing the problem from recurring.
ü Reduce moisture levels to the bare minimum and dry the area thoroughly to create an environment unfavorable to molds and bacteria.
ü Recommend practical easy to follow procedures for maintaining the livability of the home and prevent future mold attacks.
Hints that you have a mold problem
Not all varieties of mold infestation are visible to the naked eye and you have to carefully search the damaged area and all connected spaces to assess the extent of infestation.
Molds can come in a brilliant variety like grey, white, brown and different combinations and shades of these basic colors. Molds may creep out as thin streaky lines or as clusters of minute spots or puffed up balls that spread on walls and wood wherever dampness is maximum.
Our trained professionals have devices that magnify and isolate molds that can’t be seen by the naked eye and which would otherwise be ignored in casual property surveys. It is important to realize that molds have to be removed in their entirety and can’t be allowed to strike roots again when humidity intensifies.
How molds indicate their presence visibly and invisibly
You will see molds mostly as spots, clusters, patches and discoloration on walls and wooden surfaces.
- High odor of mustiness and dankness in the air as you approach mold infested areas.
- Higher levels of humidity and dampness.
- Frequent allergic reactions like involuntary coughing, sneezing and nasal congestion.
- Symptoms of neurological disturbances such as trouble breathing, and dizziness and headaches.
- Discoloration in places where water continuously leaks and dripping taps where water flows uninterruptedly.
- Indications of wallpaper peeling and creating damp patches on walls and plaster cracking in ceilings, or paint peeling off wooden surfaces.
- Buckled flooring, warped ceilings and damaged wood in places where molds could be spreading.
- Strong wetness or dampness and a pronounced ice cold sensation as you touch walls.
Common conditions which facilitate mold infestation
The degree to which you control mold infestation depends a great deal on how successful you are in controlling dampness and humidity in the living area. So the major factors that encourage molds to thrive are listed here:
- Increased levels of humidity.
- Leaking pipes that create pools of water.
- Leaks in the roofing that allow water and air to mix in attics.
- Condensation of moisture in bathrooms that have poor ventilation.
- Poor ventilation that blocks the passage of fresh air into closed spaces.
- Wet clothes, damp upholstery and soiled carpets.
- Flooding in the home following natural calamities.
- Damp basements created by leaking plumbing pipes.
- Water accumulating at the base of the house around its foundation piling
Our professional way of assessing Mold damage and supervising its effective long term removal
Threat perception assessment
Our firm approaches any Mold infestation problem with two extremely strong weapons – high technology tools and experienced technicians. You will observe our professionals conducting a detailed physical inspection of the site to assess and identify the exact nature of the mold infestation. The problem can be solved only if we clearly know what we are up against. Effective threat perception assessment is what we are famous for. Nothing escapes our trained eye.
Our personnel will use state-of-the-art machinery to assist in their work in measuring humidity levels and identifying threat sources. This has a double advantage as we get a clear idea of the problem as it affects both the external and internal building structure. Photographic and documentary evidence is often retained where deeper and more complicated restoration strategies are called for.
Sanitizing the affected area
Our immediate priority is to clean up the outward mess that has devastated the living areas. After the water excavators have done the job of flushing out the dirty water and physically mopping up the wetness off the floors, our dehumidifiers come into play. With these huge industrial grade machines we reduce the moisture content in the living area to the bare minimum. The dryness is maintained primarily to prevent fresh molds from striking roots. We then use hot air blowers and air filters to remove all spores and contaminants floating in the air. High powered suction and vacuum pumps are deployed to clean hard surfaces, and specialized ecofriendly antimicrobial solutions are used to remove molds and to disinfect contaminated walls and floors.
We guarantee knowledgeable and safe services
This is too complicated a job to be left to inexperienced hands. Our knowledgeable and industry certified technicians are experienced at what they do and they do a thorough job of assessing the problem and devising safe counter measures to remove mold damage permanently.
Our services are affordable and accurate
Our work carries an iron clad guarantee as we maintain the highest standards.
- Ø All our technicians are IICRC-certified, extensively trained and are reliable in the face of any adversity.
- Ø We present clients with free estimates that carry no obligation on the part of the client.
- Ø Our estimates can be counter checked with any competitor and you will observe that we offer the most competitive rates that make us immensely affordable to clients.
- Ø If at any subsequent stage our services are needed to revisit any problem that we had worked on, we will perform that work without billing extra hours.
- Ø We do work that gets the client a bigger chunk of expenses paid by his insurers. We frequently liaise with insurance companies to smoothen policy payouts.
- Ø For properties that are still tied to mortgage lenders we will ensure that our restoration work sticks to the lender’s guidelines and loan stipulations.
- Ø We can provide you with testimonials of satisfied customers and you can peruse the net to read reviews in best services categories and rest assured that we are coming to you on the wings of a solid reputation.
- Ø All the clients need to do is make a small down payment initially, and to follow it up with partial payments linked to the extent of work that is finished at ground level. In our work there is no scope for excessive billing.
Call the expert! A1 Water Damage Costa mesa has your covered! visit us at: http://www.a1waterdamagecostamesa.com